Improve yield. It’s the mantra you live by each growing season. What do you focus on to improve yields? Our focus is to help producers improved their soil-seed-plant growing environment with Agronomic Design – an initiative to deliver more agronomic advantages to maximize yield potential.
For example, the all-new Precision Disk single-disk air drills have been designed to get you in and out of the field faster. The drills easily cut through residue and open a uniform seed trench across varying soil and tillage conditions for an array of crops. They accurately deliver the seed, and close and seal the trench for improved germination and plant stand establishment. The Precision Disk 500T has an on-board bulk seed tank in 25-, 30- and 40-foot working widths. The Precision Disk 500 comes in 30- and 40-foot sizes, which are paired with a tow-between or tow-behind air cart.
Precision Disk Agronomic Design innovations:
- Parallel-link row units ensure accurate seed depth for even emergence and improved plant stand establishment when seeding crops like soybeans, wheat, milo and hybrid rice.
- Forward-facing seed tubes work with the scraper to more consistently direct seed to the bottom of the seed trench.
- Single-bevel 18-inch disks are set at a 7-degree angle to slice through residue and open a uniform seed trench.
- Patent-pending variable down-pressure springs apply the right amount of pressure to provide excellent penetration across varying residue and soil conditions.
- Double-edged closing wheels eliminate air pockets when closing and sealing the seed trench.
- Hydraulic down pressure across the full width of the drill maintains ideal row unit down pressure for consistent seedbed conditions regardless of changing field conditions.
- Main center-frame is oriented in a “V” to evenly distribute weight across the carrying wheels to reduce compaction near the seed trench.
Stay tuned, as we will continue to talk about how we use Agronomic Design to help you create a better growing environment.